Romance novel writing is a billion dollar industry, but it’s authors and readers are often met with derision from the literary community and society as a whole. But when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, a self-proclaimed feminist, dismisses an entire industry that is dominated by women, it’s time for a discussion.
- Hillary Clinton’s perception of the romance industry and why she’s wrong.
- The idea that writing “Lady Books” is diminutive occupation and past time.
- The heart of romance is desire and desire is at the heart of every plot.
- Romance IS formulaic, but ALL genre fiction is formulaic.
- The idea that there are rooms that “only” certain people can be in.
- Lots of stuff about race because feminism and racism intersect.
- Sara MacLean's Bustle article about romance bashing