Season 1: Episode 07
Girls Just Wanna Have Friends
February 22, 2018
Does Romance have a problem with depicting healthy female friendships? Kate and Tasha think they do.
In today's episode:
- Genres that seem to do friendships really well.
- Catty friendships: Which came first? Poor depictions of female friendships or friendships wrought with competition and jealousy?
- Tokenism and using “friends” as plot points instead of developing the relationships.
- The story about the The Gibbons sisters. (Kate knew she was gonna find it after the episode was recorded.)
- New and improved episodes coming soon with super special guests!