Season 1: Episode 10
A Drink with Being Boss
Emily + Kathleen put the drink in #ADrinkwithLadyBooks! Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon, hosts of the podcast Being Boss, visit us today to play a drinking game and discuss the writing process behind their new book, Being Boss: Take Control of Your Work + Live Life on Your Own Terms (available now wherever books are sold).
This week, we discuss:
- Using Google Docs and scheduled time to write their book together
- Writing like you speak; speaking like you write
- Recording an audiobook and reading your words out loud
- Incorporating spirituality into your entrepreneurial journey
- Disclaiming your message and other triggers
- The magic in feedback (1 vs 3 star reviews)
- The Flowers in the Attic switch
- Announcing yourself when you walk into room (DJ KHALED!)
- And so very much more as we share a drink or two
Check out beingboss.club/book to learn more about the Being Boss book, including order info and book events!