Season 2: Episode 4
Steamy Stories with Rachel Kramer Bussel
Rachel Kramer Bussel is what one would call a veteran writer of erotic short fiction.
During a time when e-publishers like Black Lace and Ellora’s Cave were closing down, Rachel reinvented career. She learned what she could about marketing and promoting her books, and in that process, she has held on to her relationship with traditional publisher Cleis Press, and edits Best Women’s Erotica every year. Many authors are eager and honored to be included in that table of contents.
In today’s episode, Tasha & Kate chat with Rachel about:
- How and why she began to write erotic fiction
- How she made the switch from writing erotic shorts to editing anthologies
- The pitching process and what authors can do to improve their chances
- How she curates those submissions for each volume
- What goes into a good erotic short
- Some of the difficulties she faces when publishing in today’s market
Rachel Kramer Bussel is the editor of over 60 anthologies, including The Big Book of Orgasms, Come Again: Sex Toy Erotica and the Best Women's Erotica of the Year series. She writes about sex, books, and pop culture, and consults about and teaches erotica writing around the world and online. .
Find Rachel online at: